Saturday, December 10, 2016

Hurrah for Friday

"A Plaidness of Blazers"--Friday, 12/9/16

I have a plaid blazer, black pants, and leopard shoes--let's get to work.

From bluecollarredlipstick.com

I'm finally wearing a new (thrifted in July) red top that has slowly replaced every other red top in my closet.  I like how the pleated neckline makes it more interesting than a plain top, it has 3/4 length sleeves that are pretty versatile, and it has reasonably decent drape over the hips.


*Red pleated neck top (thrifted, Kohls), $4.99/wear
Black/grey/red plaid blazer (thrifted, Fashion Bug), $5.00/wear
Black work pants (thrifted, CJ Banks), $1.05/wear
Leopard smoking slippers by Clarks, $1.85/wear
White Rabbit pocket watch pendant (Zad), $2.30/wear

Outfit total: $15.19/wear

My one question mark about this outfit is that I hadn't noticed how short the blazer is until now.  I think the shorter length is a better match to skirts than to pants, but it wasn't so short that I hated the outfit or anything.  This is not the first time I've had this belated realization about a blazer, so that's something I need to pay more attention to when I'm shopping.  I think I am so excited when something fits everywhere else that I forget about the length issue.  The blazer might not look so short if I were willing to tuck in my shirts with it but...heh, yeah, that's not happening.  I'll take "slightly short looking blazer" to "awkward bunching and partial untucking and generalized futziness" 99% of the time.


In other news...This morning (Saturday), I tried on a blazer at Goodwill that was great in every way except it was too short...and I didn't buy it!  Man, it's like I've started to internalize that thing or something.  Maybe I am getting wiser with age.

No comments: