Wednesday, December 2, 2015

What a Maroon

A Perfect Pairing--Wednesday, 12/2/15

Maroon pants with a black patterned top are featured in today's Reverse Inspiration.

From designingfrommycloset.wordpress.com

But instead of stripes, I went with polka dots.  I bought these two items on my last Goodwill trip and could not wait (for perhaps more reasonable, warmer weather) to wear them together.  (Ack, sorry for the blinding light in this photo.)


*Black blouse with red/burgundy/white polka dots (thrifted, Notations), $5.24/wear+
*Maroon pants (thrifted, Lands End), $5.24/wear+
Maroon flats (Payless), $4.25/wear

Not pictured: Cream cardigan (Kohls), $1.09/wear--added at the last minute because I remembered I am giving a presentation today in a conference room that is cooler than my own office.  I noticed a couple hours later that the last time I wore it, I'd spilled a few drops of iced tea along one side.  After work, I washed it and my similarly tea-splashed white sweater vest in cold water and bleach, and voila!  Tea is gone.

Outfit total: $15.82/wear

Every time I buy one of these soft, drapey blouses, I end up loving them.  Although it's unusual for me to wear such a simple outfit, comprised of so few pieces, I still really liked it.


Also not pictured:  When I got my order of this White Rabbit pocket watch pendant on Monday, it seemed like destiny.  I had not (consciously) planned no necklace with this outfit so I could wear my new necklace, but it worked out perfectly.  $32.26/wear

I didn't realize this until just now, but the time is adjustable using the knob on the top.  Mine came set to 5:05, which is fabulous.  It's time to go home from work!  It's not just "5 o'clock somewhere"--it's always 5 o'clock no matter where and when I am!

On the downside, it is two days wrong...



In other news...I presented some of my dashboards to our development group.  My department head has fallen madly in love with one and wants to elope with it, I think, but ultimately decided that it's just way too good to keep to herself.  OK, perhaps that's overstating, but not by as much as you'd think.  I have to say, it is pretty awesome.  It's always a good sign when a group of people stop talking about the functionality/etc. (which was our purpose) and instead get wrapped up in the data itself.  And this group is my fellow analysts, who are not the hands-on people who will be our end users.  It's just data that when presented in a clean way is very compelling and begs for action.

No comments: