Tuesday, December 8, 2015

4 More Days

Color Combo--Tuesday, 12/8/15

This photo inspired me to try an outfit mixing light blue, olive and white.  (I also want her adorable fluffy dog...)

From work-it-blog.blogspot.com

I switched the colors of the shirt and cardigan, put on a white necklace, and a seriously comfortable outfit is born.


Olive cardigan (Kohls), $12.32/wear+
Light blue long-sleeved top (Kohls), $1.70/wear+
*Denim trousers (thrifted, Boden), $5.24/wear+
White swag necklace (Kohls), $3.61/wear
Olive leopard flats (Nordstrom Rack), $5.99/wear

Outfit total: $28.86/wear

It's odd--did these pants somehow get bigger in the wash?  I would swear they were not so baggy and long when I tried them on at the store (and I know that I haven't miraculously gotten smaller over the holidays).  Of course, bagginess has not stopped me before, and it won't stop me from wearing these, but it's a confusing thing.  I guess I need to hem them...grrrrr.  The top I wore yesterday has also developed a gap in a seam that I need to close up too (luckily it was covered by my cardigan so I didn't notice it until last night), so I will be doing some minor sewing when I get back from Christmas vacation.  I should think about whether there are any other small jobs I've thought about but have put off.


In other news...Pants getting bizarrely and annoyingly bigger and longer?  That's just about right for how my day started out, feeling sick and nauseated and not at all wanting to take my morning flax oil (though I did).  All hail the mayor of Grump Town.  I was sitting at my computer around 7:55 a.m., not wanting to go to work, but Tam sent an email with the final exam that she wrote for her probability class, and the exam had an image of a rabbit wearing glasses on one of the pages and an image of an otter on another.  This gave me the will to get off my duff and drag my bedraggled self to work.

My tardiness was such that on my drive to work, I heard on the radio a Christmas song by Sibelius (it is the 150th anniversary of his birth today) sung by the incomparable Anne Sofie von Otter...who is not only the most glorious mezzo-soprano but whose name is Otter! 

And now I'm home from work.  Hurrah!

No comments: