Monday, December 7, 2015

5 More Days

I'm a Fan--Monday, 12/7/15

Focal item: Mint/navy fans shell

A summery outfit with a mint top and navy skirt should be winterized for Coldville.

From whatiwore.tumblr.com

I first tried this with a cropped navy cardigan that I bought at Goodwill for $2.50 but that looks wrong every way I wear it.  I suppose that cropped cardigans don't well suit my style.  None of the items I'm wearing today are new to the Work the Wardrobe Challenge, but I did put that cropped cardigan back in the bag to return to Goodwill.  I bought it in April 2013 and never managed to wear it!  And without the WtWC forcing my hand, who knows how many more years it would have languished in my dresser?  (Perhaps until the next time we moved....)


Mint/navy fans shell (Nordstrom), $19.50/wear
Navy pencil skirt (thrifted, Liz Claiborne), $1.67/wear
Navy cardigan (Kohls), $4.93/wear
Blue/green statement necklace (Target), $3.70/wear
Navy tights
Tall cognac boots by Sam Edelman, $18.09/wear

Outfit total: $47.89/wear (!!)

This was a pricey outfit because my boots are still pretty new and because I haven't yet been wearing this top as much as I should have done.  But I'm working on it!

In other news...Yep, only 5 more days and then Robert and I are headed to balmy southern climes for the holidays!  I was a bit concerned that the top half of my outfit wouldn't be warm enough for December, but our warm spell continues.  I actually had to turn on the fan in my office around 3:30 this afternoon.  This is me not complaining at all.

Listening to the theme from The Polar Express on the radio this morning, I wonder, How many people have ever ridden in a horse drawn sleigh and heard sleigh bells?  And yet music has taught us to know this as a winter/Christmas sound.

No comments: