Thursday, December 3, 2015

Red Leopard Fix

Velvety Goodness--Thursday, 12/3/15

Today's outfit was inspired by two lovely bloggers rocking a red top and brown leopard skirt.

First, of course Alice needs no introduction.

From happinessatmidlife.com

Second, Natalia gave up her fashion/writing blog last month--her bold color combinations and photographs along the nature boardwalk near her house will be missed.

From inthewriterscloset.blogspot.com

To make this outfit compatible with the increasingly cold weather, I added a black velvet blazer.  I like the texture of this against the fine knit silk top and polyester knit skirt, but what clinched it for me was the buttons--beige/brown buttons to match the beige/brown background of the leopard skirt.  It's a small touch but I loved how it tied the two garments together.


*Red short-sleeved silk shell (JNY), $15.00/wear+
Leopard skirt (Kohls), $1.65/wear
Black velvet blazer (thrifted, Talbots), $0.83/wear+
Black tights
Black wedges (thrifted), $0.33/wear
Red/gold 3 row necklace (Macy's), $4.25/wear

Outfit total: $22.06/wear

I also thought this gold/red necklace fit the matchy-matchy vibe pretty well.


In other news...This week has really flown by, which I guess is good because I've been sick on and off for the last several days.  Today's version was insanely painful headache upon waking (and I have a deadline tomorrow that meant staying home wasn't a good option) that luckily started to fade during a meeting in which I was not staring intensely at numbers in a spreadsheet any more. 

Tonight I've been in pajamas since about 7:00, if that tells you anything.

No comments: