Friday, December 4, 2015

And Yet More Leopard

Yes, Two Days in a Row--Friday, 12/4/15

Somehow the universe was conspiring for me to finish these week strong with leopard print.  I am powerless in the face of these forces.

My inspiration blogger was wearing a not-quite-leopard-looking floral print, I think, but it reminded me a lot of my burgundy/beige leopard blouse.

From justjacq.com

And since I've been looking for a new way to wear this blouse, it was a done deal.


Beige/burgundy leopard knit blouse (Anne Klein/Macy's), $6.66/wear+
Beige knit blazer (Nordstrom), $4.43/wear
Bootcut jeans (thrifted, Target), $0.38/wear
Taupe smoking slippers (thrifted, Gap), $2.50/wear
Gold shelled pea necklace (Target), $1.89/wear

Outfit total: $15.86/wear

The shelled peas are looking a little wild in this photo--no doubt it is the proximity to leopard print that's bringing out the wildness.


In other news...I was woken up early this morning with a migraine and couldn't fall back asleep.  I despaired over what the day would bring, but I held firm in my no-caffeinated-tea policy and I felt better by the time I got to work.  In part, I think walking across the parking lot in 22 F weather was a help--cold is always good for a migraine.

After a productive day at work, it was nice to start off the weekend with a viewing of The Cocoanuts

How did I never notice before that Groucho is Master of Ceremonies Hammer and is wearing a pair of loose harem-type pants...in 1929????  (I cannot fathom why the Internet is not giving up a visual on this but...My. God.)

I am also still laughing at a moment that never really struck me before--the scene in which Harpo keeps stealing people's watches, handkerchiefs, etc.

HAMMER [Groucho] Well... I hope I still got my underwear on.
Red [Harpo] pulls Hammer's underwear from one of his pockets 
and offers it to him.
HAMMER Come here with that. Hammer snatches the underwear away from Red
and stuffs it in his pants.
HAMMER I felt kind of flimsy.

2 comments:

Jen M. said...

Love your outfit! Very flattering.

That's hilarious that Groucho was the original MC Hammer.

Sally said...

Thanks!

And seriously, the MC Hammer thing blows me away.