Saturday, October 11, 2014

Those Wacky Australians


Book Review:  Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty


4.5 stars

Part screwball comedy, part murder mystery, this book centers on a group of mothers of kindergarteners at an Australian elementary school.  Are you curious to find out who died, and how, when the parents descend on the school and get insanely drunk at the Elvis Presley/Audrey Hepburn costume party and trivia night fund raiser?

Disappointing Fading

I only got to wear my floral knit shirt from Eddie Bauer about three times before it came out of the wash with a bad faded area on the back shoulder.  Grump!  I bought this shirt new, too, so it's not like someone just happened to donate it to Goodwill right before it started losing its color, and I washed it in cold water.  So now this shirt has to be relegated to the "wear only with a cardigan or jacket" pile.  I would just get rid of it if it weren't so damned cute. 


Loving the Long, Low-Knotted Scarf -- Monday, 9/29/14

I wear scarves year-round here in Snow City, but I especially love wearing them in the fall.  I haven't gotten a lot of wear out of this tie-dyed looking scarf ever since I got rid of the olive-ish green shirt I used to wear with it (during my grad school days).  This time I tried it with one of my many bright/dark pink shirts and a bunch of brown, which seemed to fit well with the olive green.


* Bright pink knit top with an interesting collar you can't see here (thrifted, Rafaella)
Brown cardigan (Kohls)
Medium brown pants (Kohls)
Brown wedges (thrifted, American Eagle)
Pink/green/cream scarf (Target)

Simple, Simple -- Tuesday, 9/30/14

I let a pretty jewel tone top/tunic and leopard print shoes carry the day.  (No necklace or scarf -- a rarity!)


*Green long-sleeved knit top with ruched neckline (thrifted, Macy's) [Actually, I wore this last Christmas but didn't take a photo of it, so I'm considering it pretty much new]
Black 5 pocket pants (thrifted, Rafaella)
Leopard print flats (Nordstrom)

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Did your long, low-knotted scarf ever get caught between your legs?

Sally said...

Nope, that's never been an issue for me.

Jen said...

Love the long scarf too!