Monday, October 27, 2014

Target Necklace Week: Part 1

I've decided to play a bit of catch-up with my outfit posts, so be expecting a few of them without book reviews.  (I do have some good books to recommend soon, though, promise!)

I created a week of outfits to highlight the necklaces I purchased during Target's buy one, get one 50% off necklaces sale.

Bright Pink/Crystal "Floral" Necklace -- Monday, 10/13/14

I admit that I really do like the pseudo-suit look of matching colors of my pants/skirt and cardigan/jacket (though I do not try to make it pass as a real suit in situations where a real suit is called for - e.g., job interviews).  And nothing goes with a pseudo-suit like yet another bright pink top.  But this one has lace all over the front so it's different!


*Fuschia lace blouse (thrifted, Avenue)
Black 5 pocket pants (Rafaella)
Black cardigan (thrifted, no label)
Black pointy-toed flats (Nordstrom)
*Bright pink/crystal "floral" necklace (Target)

I'm calling it "floral" because I can't decide if it's supposed to look like flowers or if it just looks like that to me. 


Gold "Shelled Pea" Necklace -- Tuesday, 10/14/14

The thing that impresses me most about this outfit is that when I tried on the t-shirt, and decided it was too long to wear with a pleated skirt, I put it on my sewing machine and shortened it.  And BOOM, it's like I have a new shirt to wear.  I have several shirts I've been thinking about hemming shorter, and it seems that doing so when I'm putting a specific outfit together to wear with that shirt is the right time to do it.

The little gold colored beads on this necklace look like beans or shelled peas to me.  Shelled peas sounds more fun in the name of the necklace, though, so that's what I'm calling it.

The last (first) time I wore this skirt, I really thought I'd basically figured out the only way to wear it.  Not so, my friends.  I even wore it with different shoes, which I didn't expect to happen.


*Beige t-shirt (Kohls; shortened by me)
Brown embroidered skirt (thrifted, Kohls)
Brown cardigan (Kohls)
Gold pointy-toed flats (Nordstrom)
Gold "shelled pea" necklace (Target)

1 comment:

mom said...

I like the brown outfit. Love the skirt!