Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Target Necklace Week: Part 2

Purple "Gumdrop" Necklace -- Wednesday, 10/15/14

You may recall this necklace from my review of the book about the guys starving and freezing their way back from a failed attempt to sail to the North Pole.  I still think it looks quite appetizing in this emsemble.

There was apparently a grey pencil skirt, black knit top, purple cardigan idea floating around this month because about a week after I wore this outfit, I saw a post on the descriptively titled Outfit Posts blog that used the same basic formula. (I like my shoes that color block grey and black a bit better than I do the black wedges.  Her cardigan has a shape/length that is more flattering with a pencil skirt, though.)


Black t-shirt (Walmart)
*Purple 3/4 sleeve cardigan (thrifted, Macy's)
Grey pencil skirt (JCP)
Grey flats with black ribbon trim by Louise et Cie
Purple "gumdrop" necklace (Target)

Mint Flower Necklace -- Thursday, 10/16/14

Nope, there are no quotation marks in the name of this necklace because it just obviously is what it is.  I could take the lead of people who put up signs outside convenience stores, etc., and call it the "Big" Mint Flower Necklace but then you might think that I am only calling it big or questioning its bigness.  Let there be no doubt.  These flowers are BIG.


The night before, I told Robert, "Tomorrow I'm wearing my bird shirt with my teal skirt."  He said, "Teal skirt.  So it's a bird shirt with a bird skirt."  Yep.  I wondered what kind of teal (which is a type of duck) the color was named for because I couldn't think of a teal in the US that has quite that shade.  The blue-winged teal has blue, the green-winged teal has green, the cinnamon teal...well, you get the idea.  But through the magic of the Interwebs, here ya go.


Navy/teal/white bird shirt (Nordstrom)
White short-sleeved cardigan (Nordstrom)
Teal pencil skirt (JCP)
Light grey wedge flats by BCBGeneration
*Mint flower necklace (Target)

No comments: