Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A Little Bit Wild

Book Review:  Apple Tree Yard by Louise Doughty


3 stars

I found this book rather difficult to get into, but eventually did get interested enough that I read the whole thing, but it was...I don't know, frustrating in some way.  It kind of reminded me of the Kevin Kline movie Consenting Adults, in which Kline's character agrees to a secret, middle-of-the-night wife swap with his neighbor and oops, the woman turns up dead the next morning.  The plot doesn't work like that in this book, but it has that same kind of "person performs an out-of-character, morally-questionable/wrong risky sexual act and then has all hell to pay afterwards" feel to it.  (And without the compensations of watching Kevin Kline be handsome and Kevin Spacey be psychopathic.)

Joining the Barbie Army -- Friday, 10/3/14

But you can tell I'm not Barbie myself (despite the bright pink pants) because my feet are designed to be worn with flat shoes, not high heels.  Those flats may have gold glitter toes, but they are flat.


*Pink/green "watercolor" top (thrifted, Kohls)
Bright pink pants (Dockers)
*Olive military jacket (thrifted, Maurices)
Cream scarf
Cream captoe flats by Anne Klein

2 comments:

Jen said...

Lol, even military Barbie probably wears high heeled combat boots, right? :)

Sally said...

You know she does!