Sunday, October 5, 2014

New Blog Post Format

I have been trying to keep track of the books I've been reading so I figured I would add regular mini-book reviews to my outfit posts for an almost complete documentation of my life.  Add to this mental collage an Excel file, the dashboard of a BMW 325i, a scene from Torchlight 2, a bowl of Dad-style broccoli slaw, then move to Facebook to see my rabbit photo, and you're about 80% of the way there.

Book Review: You Should Have Known by Jean Hanff Korelitz



4 stars

It's fundamentally mild psychological thriller/chick-lit.  A privileged female psychotherapist with a "perfect" family has just sold a book about the lies women tell themselves about their relationships/marriages.  You know where this is going, right?  But getting there is an interesting enough ride.


A Long Black Pencil Skirt for Summer -- 9/22/14

I was very pleased with how this outfit turned out.  Simple, comfortable, and pretty.  I'm reaching the point where I have enough clothes, of the right types, that it's easy to match things up.  For this one, I decided I wanted to wear the new blouse and everything else came together in a snap.


* Black/white/blue floral blouse (Kohls)
White short-sleeved cardigan (Nordstrom)
Black pencil skirt (thrifted, Briggs New York)
Blue buckle flats by Sofft
Light blue and silver necklace (JNY)

A Double Dose of Meow -- 9/23/14

I think the only time I've worn this peplum top was at my cousin's wedding (the same one where I wore the painted waste-canvas skirt).   I'm not sure why I haven't worn it again, but I suspect that I was concerned that it was too small because it's at least one size smaller than I usually wear in tops from Target.  But when I put it on, it fit fine and felt very normal, not uncomfortable at all.  Weird.  Well, I'm glad I finally managed to wear it once before the cold weather hits.


Black peplum blouse (Target)
Leopard knit skirt (Kohls)
Black belt (Kohls)
Black tooth/claw necklace (Outfit Additions)
Nude captoe flats by Clarks

2 comments:

mom said...

I really like the floral blouse outfit. Looks great!

Sally said...

Thanks! I liked how the white cardigan lightened it up.