Thursday, October 30, 2014

Target Necklace Week: Part 3

Green "Gumdrop" Necklace -- Friday, 10/17/14

The purple one was so tasty, I mean pretty, that I got one in green too.  Note that I broke down and wore leggings with this Friday outfit because the high temperature was forecast at 53 degrees.  (It was a good call; I felt quite comfortable at work.)  But not full tights!  Not boots!  Not even socks!  NO.  I refuse to start that nonsense already.


*Green t-shirt (thrifted, Lands End)
*Black/white striped knit pencil skirt (thrifted, Target)
Black cardigan (Walmart)
Black LifeStrider flats
Black leggings
*Green "gumdrop" necklace (Target)

What To Wear to the Thrift Store -- Saturday, 10/18/14

Well first of all, not a necklace.

I wanted to look for pullover sweaters in particular, so I wore a camisole that I could try on underneath close-fitting sweaters and a button-up shirt that I could try on underneath looser sweaters.  I am trying to prepare for winter in my office, which I have been assured is on the chilly side.  I figure it's gotta be warmer than my Skyrim office at home, but nevertheless, some additional layering options are always welcome.

I got rid of several pairs of jeans (i.e., put them in my Goodwill donation pile) earlier in the week and refound this pair that had gotten buried under some ill-fitting ones.  I had sort of assumed that this pair was in the ill-fitting category as well but my practice of forcing myself to try everything on worked in my favor -- I thought these were just fine once I had them on.


*Black button-up shirt (thrifted, Walmart)
Grey leopard camisole (Kohls)
Blue jeans (thrifted, JCP)
Black LifeStrider flats

No comments: