Monday, August 18, 2014

The Living is Not So Easy As All That: Part 2

I'm on a lightweight skirt run because it's warm enough to justify it, not because it's so warm as to be mandatory.  I realized, Oh crap, it's already August, summer isn't going to last forever, I better wear the cotton/linen/etc. skirts that I don't think easily pair with tights now while I still can!  Winter is coming!  (Well, autumn, anyway.)  So skirts and more skirts it is.

Yes I Did Get Lunch on This White Skirt -- Tuesday, 8/5/14

I mean, I was really careful, but somehow I did get a glob of guacamole on the front of the skirt.  I washed it off as best I could, then Shouted it when I got home -- here's hoping that the faint green dots come off in the wash.  Although if you're going to ruin a white skirt on its very first wearing, doing it to a $5 skirt from Goodwill is not a bad choice.

And no, your eyes do not deceive you -- I am wearing this top sans necklace.  I figured the navy embroidery trim was decorative enough.


* White pleated skirt (thrifted, Chaps)
* Navy and white paisley knit top (thrifted, Jones New York)
White short-sleeved cardigan (Nordstrom)
Blue pointy-toed flats (Nordstrom)

If a Watermelon Were a Flower, It Would Be This Skirt -- Wednesday, 8/6/14

There is something thirst-quenchingly summery about the color combination in this skirt.  (A pencil skirt that fits me is astonishing in itself, but one in such a cheerful bright pattern at Goodwill prices is a major score.)


* Pink/green/black floral pencil skirt (thrifted, Talbots)
* Pink flutter-sleeve knit top (thrifted, Banana Republic)
Black short-sleeved cardigan (thrifted, The Limited)
* Beige wedges by Cole Haan, featuring their cushy Nike Air technology
Black claw/tooth necklace from Outfit Additions

4 comments:

jen said...

Oh I really love that second outfit. Fun!

Sally said...

Thanks!

mom said...

Ditto what Jennifer said.

mom said...

I hope you get the guacamole out of the white skirt. That is a really nice skirt.