Monday, August 4, 2014

Blouse Week: Part 2

Pattern Mixing: Florals and Stripes -- Wednesday, 7/30/14

I was happy to find this blouse at Goodwill because it's short enough that I think it will go nicely with my brown skirt.  But first I wore it in a simple pattern-mixed pants outfit because it's not just blouse week, it's pants week.  I'm surprised how much use I've already gotten out of this coral colored necklace; I would not have guessed that this was a common color for me to wear, but I suppose so.


*Yellow bow-tie blouse (thrifted, Loft)
Brown striped pants (thrifted)
Brown flats by Frye (Zappos.com)
Coral swag necklace (Kohls)

Fishy Fishy Fish -- Thursday, 7/31/14

Yep, I built this entire outfit around this necklace.  I kind of liked the effect of the gold flats with the gold necklace and my gold hair. 


And while there are things sillier than this fish necklace, this is definitely at the silly end of my "stuff to wear to work" range.


*Blue embroidered knit top (thrifted)
88 cent navy pants (thrifted)
*Gold fish charm necklace (Ann Taylor -- the other one I bought at the 50% off sale recently)
Gold flats (Nordstrom)

2 comments:

mom said...

I love the yellow blouse. It looks cool to wear, is very pretty and fits you well.

Sally said...

Thanks, it was nice and cool.