Friday, August 15, 2014

The Living is Not So Easy As All That: Part 1

Well, it is easy in the sense that I am not having to dig my car out of a snow pile when I want to drive home from work, but I'm still squarely in the "going to work is basically wiping me out" mode.  I am a 12-month employee and do not automatically get time off in the summer, so even though some people in my industry are enjoying their last opportunities to sleep in, hang out by the pool/lake/whatever, and all that, I'm still dragging my ass out of bed every morning.  It's a good morning when I do not wish I were drinking a gallon of caffeinated tea.

But I suppose one thing that is relatively easy is picking out clothes to wear in 80-85 degree weather.  No trying to find coordinating tights or figuring out how to put together 3-4 layers while still having room for a coat on top.

Lazy Summer Kitty Cat -- Sunday, 8/3/14

Staying at home, curled up in my comfy chair next to the A/C vent, I found that wearing a long-sleeved t-shirt was a good idea.  And wearing it with a somewhat short skirt made it a classic compensatory dressing moment.

And yep, these old Skechers bicycle style slip-on sneakers are just about my favorite weekend shoes.  I wear them (and their white/tan brothers) all the time.  I've also found that their sleek shape makes them really good for wearing (with socks) while using my recombent exercise bike -- go figure.


Grey leopard knit top (Kohls)
Black hiking skirt (REI)
Grey Skechers
Grey big-ball necklace (Macy's)

Thank You Ann Taylor Customer -- Monday, 8/4/14

Ann Taylor is currently having a $30 off skirts sale.  But instead of $50 for a discounted Ann Taylor skirt from their site, I spent around $6 for this skirt at Goodwill.

I enjoyed pairing it with my silly beaded necklace with lion charms from the Goodwill boutique because: Lions. 

Also, am I the only one who now finds lions extra appealing because I associate them with the utterly handsome and charming Tyrion Lannister from the TV version of Game of Thrones?  That actor is way, way, way, way too gorgeous compared to how the character is described in the books, but I can't even care.  He is just so awesome.  And I am able to make his devastating good looks work within the context of the story -- I mean, all the Lannisters are beautiful, so it makes sense that he would be beautiful, too.  The whole idea that he is ugly is just a reflection of society's prejudice against his small stature.


* Magenta paisley skirt (thrifted, Ann Taylor)
Black knit top (thrifted, Anne Klein)
Black LifeStrides flats
Beaded lion charm necklace (thrifted)

No comments: