Friday, April 28, 2017

Spin-Attack

"Dramatic Coral Music"--Wednesday, 4/19/17

Somehow it seems like my spring sartorial style this year features a lot of pencil skirt + tights + ankle boots in the same color.  It's definitely a flexible building block for work outfits.  Here it's as simple as adding a scarf in the colors of the blazer and skirt.


Coral blazer (JNY), $4.95/wear
Dark grey skirt (Walmart), $0.92/wear
Grey short-sleeved T (Kohls), $0.32/wear
Grey/coral tree scarf (Target), $0.86/wear
Grey tights + grey ankle boots by Seychelles, $4.24/wear

Outfit total: $11.29/wear

"Blue Bird"--Thursday, 4/20/17

This time I upped my ante by wearing not only the navy skirt + tights + ankle boots combo, but also a white t-shirt just like last week.  But with a different-colored cardigan and a different navy/pink scarf, it doesn't look like a near-repeat.  (Also, if it's not clear, I LOVE these slightly longer pencil skirts from Walmart.  My JCP pencil skirts come in great colors, but the length is a bit shorter than ideal.)


Navy skirt (Walmart), $2.50/wear
White long-sleeved V neck T (Lands End), $1.00/wear
Light blue cardigan (Lands End), $4.37/wear
Navy tights + navy ankle boots by Seychelles, $5.60/wear
Navy/burgundy/blue birds scarf (Kohls), $1.37/wear

Outfit total: $14.84/wear

"Clod Stomping Leopard Print"--Friday, 4/21/17

And now to round of the week with flared jeans and boots, which has a kind of semi-country look to it, not a go-to silhouette for me.  But I'm in more solid Sally territory with the leopard print and the long scarf, right?


Light magenta short-sleeved T (Walmart), $2.50/wear
Grey leopard blazer (thrifted, Macy's), $0.63/wear
Flared jeans (thrifted, Lane Bryant), $0.11/wear
Bright pink scarf (Target), $1.09/wear
Grey ankle boots by Seychelles, $4.12/wear

Outfit total: $8.45/wear

And here's some bunny goodness in the classic form of the Broken Polish Loaf.


In other news...I also hate these goddamn tops.

Have you considered quitting social media?  Some pros and cons.

Breaking--this just in--being president of the United States is hard!  But maybe watching Trump learn this the tough way could have a sliver of a silver lining?

This post was brought to you by Spinarak, a Pokemon my mom was born to hate.  It's like the unholy offspring of a spider and a tick.


Speaking of which, I recently watched the New Girl episode "Spiderhunt," which of course made me think of my mom.  She would be down for this activity.





4 comments:

Mom said...

Spiderhunt - a girl after my own heart! As I've been known to say, the only good spider is a dead spider!

Jen M. said...

Today I squished a spider with the baby's Hello Bugs book. Lol. Sorry spider!

And ugh on those tops. I have no idea how the style would look on me (peasant tops look awful for some reason) but the practicality issue is big.

Debbie said...

I liked your "silver lining" link. Interesting.

Sally said...

Mom, yep! One of her roommates is absolutely terrified of spiders, so she leads the "good spider is a dead spider" brigade :)

Debbie, I guess it's a series of potential "teachable moments"? It would nice if that worked out.