Sunday, April 9, 2017

The Sentret Cannot Hold

Another crazy Pokemon Go filled weekend.  I got my first sunburn in probably years today (a mild one, on the arms and the back of my neck) after taking off my jacket almost immediately this morning because it was so freaking humid.  Even though it was under 60 F, I had to dump the lightweight cotton jacket and get down to a short-sleeved T-shirt because I was getting light-headed from being overly warm.  We walked about 8 miles yesterday, and today I hit the 5 mile mark on my Fitbit while looking for enzymes to have with my dinner.  So that was fun.

In less fun news, Robert also did our taxes--but it's good to have that out of the way.  (Doing the taxes and sending in the forms right away is no longer so appealing now that we end up having to send them money every year.)

Warning: I am NOT looking forward to the work week ahead.  So there is likely to be a return to the grumps coming up tomorrow.

"Burgundy Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit"--Tuesday 4/4/17

I could not resist sharing the photo of another blogger wearing this rabbit blouse (...which I bought because I saw it on a round-up post featuring her recent purchases).  She called hers "rabbit rabbit," not realizing that you need to say "rabbit rabbit rabbit" for the good luck to kick in.  Well, maybe she got 2/3 of the luck she would have gotten with the full saying.

From styleontarget.com

Because Katie detests pink, of course I had to wear my rabbit blouse with that hated shade.  (OK, that wasn't the actual reason, but it seems fitting somehow.)


Cream/dark green rabbit blouse (Loft), $3.31/wear
Burgundy skirt (Nordstrom), $1.88/wear
Grey tights + Grey ankle boots by Seychelles, $4.67/wear
Magenta scarf (JCP), $0.80/wear

Outfit total: $10.66/wear

It wasn't until I saw the photos that I realized I accidentally wore the bright pink scarf instead of the (darker) magenta one for the photo shoot.  Well, I did get it right on the day I wore this to work!


I was pleasantly surprised to read last month that Katie used to have a bunny collection (rabbit figurines).  Naturally I have a bunny collection right now!  In addition to the many other rabbit objects in my apartment, I have a small collection of rabbit figurines in a short bookcase in the living room, with the bunnies positioned so that they are under cover, which is a clear rabbit preference.  The two white ones (left and center) I got from my grandmother's house after she died--I hadn't realized she had a little rabbit collection, too, which is now part of mine.


"Preppy Colors, Not Preppy Silhouette"--Wednesday, 4/5/17

In this June 2015 outfit post, Jen wears her favorite color combination in a "classic preppy" way. 

From honestlymodern.com

I'm a fan of this color combination, too, so pairing my bright pink dress and dark blue (almost navy) cardigan with navy tights was a natural choice.  (I don't know/remember where she lives that tights in June is a thing--maybe she was really behind on posting outfits and wore them in May?)  Add a long flowing scarf in a lovely pattern that includes both colors and we're done.  (I did wear pearl earrings to keep a bit more of the original outfit vibe going.)


Bright pink dress (Target), $4.67/wear
Dark blue boyfriend cardigan (thrifted, Laura Scott), $0.75/wear
Navy tights + Navy ankle boots by Seychelles, $6.09/wear
Navy/pink floral scarf (Kohls), $2.23/wear

Outfit total: $13.74/wear

Oh, I forgot!  I also wore my new navy polka dot trench coat with the pink/navy outfit.  The trench coat + scarf combination was the bomb.com.  This is one I got at Goodwill and only had to do a bit of mending (sewing a button on and fixing a gap in the seam) for it to be good as new.


This post is brought to you by Sentret and Yeats' most famous (and recently appropriate) poem, "The Second Coming."


"When Sentret sleeps, it does so while another stands guard.  The sentry wakes the others at the first sign of danger.  When this Pokemon becomes separated from its pack, it becomes incapable of sleep due to fear."--Pokedex

2 comments:

Jen M. said...

The sentret description reminds me of elementary school where they wouldn't put doors on the restroom stalls, which meant you needed a buddy to stand guard (or feel like an exposed outsider without one). Ugh.

Sally said...

Oh man, I hadn't thought about that in years but that was the worst. What did they think first-third graders were going to get up to behind a stall door?