Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Seel of Approval

"Stripey Friday, Happy Days"--Friday, 3/31/17

Lisa showed us 3 different ways to wear a lightweight striped dress across the seasons.  I glommed onto her "After" (i.e., late fall/winter) version as inspiration for bringing my aqua striped sleeveless dress out of the summer weekend mode into casual Friday spring mode.  Because that makes total sense.

From respecttheshoes.blogspot.com

The important components were striped knit dress, solid professional-looking blazer, patterned scarf, tights, and boots (not pictured).  That's pretty straightforward for me to do.  But where's the casual Friday in that?  Substitute a denim jacket and it's all good.


Aqua striped sleeveless knit dress (Old Navy), $5.00/wear
Blue denim jacket (Liz Claiborne/JCP), $2.94/wear
White/blue/yellow floral scarf (Target), $1.50/wear
Navy tights
Navy ankle boots by Seychelles, $6.36/wear

Outfit total: $15.80/wear

This outfit formula is Respect the Shoes tested, Empirical Question approved.


This rabbit also approves.  Because: STRIPES.


In other news...Angie outdid herself this year with this completely adorable April Fool's fashion post.

This post is brought to you by Seel.  Sticking out his tongue is just his way of saying he approves of me, right?


You know what is totally weird?  So as you know, I sometimes work on the outfit portions of these blog posts in advance, and while I've let that slide lately in my Pokemon Go obsessed state, this is one I'd started writing a loooong time ago when I first put this outfit on my list, complete with the EQ/rabbit approval statements.  But while I was finding the draft post in my blog list, I was deciding which Pokemon to feature and decided on Seel because he's blue.  And on my running list of Pokemon puns (yes, I have one #noshame), of course Seel is "Seel of Approval."  So I opened the post, gave it the title, and started reading what Previous Sally had written before.  And DAMN I'm good.

Or possibly I have more fully developed my temporal super powers and am now reverse inspiring my own writings. 

No comments: