Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Do As I Say...

Tonight, looking up information online to prepare my CV (the academic answer to the resume), I came across this advice on the Pepperdine University web site:

SUGESTIONS
• No set length (recommend – 5 pg max)
• Proofread for spelling and grammar
• Print on resume paper, fax on standard paper and email as a MS Word attachment
• Be honest – never lie, stretch the truth, or misrepresent yourself

The author clearly needed to take item #2 more closely to heart himself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked this as well, listed under Languages: "If bilingual, include Sign-Language"

Sally said...

Yeah, that was a pretty unusual definition of bilingual.

Tam said...

I know the wording is wrong, but I think they just mean, "If you're bilingual, note that. And remember that ASL also counts." Of course, calling it "Sign-Language" as though there is just one is kind of stupid.