Sunday, July 15, 2018

Orange Flower Close Up

#NatureTwinning Part 65

I have to say, this bright coral orange blazer is not the most obvious color for me to wear, but I like it.  I haven't worn the blazer as much as I should because I wasn't really fond of the orange + black Halloween combination that was my default.  But now that I've added a bunch more navy to my closet, it's a lot easier to wear.  In these outfits, I paired it with leopard print shoes (which is, as they say, functionally a neutral).

Monday, 5/21/18

Color Coordination 101: Wear a blouse with a print, then pull out two of the colors from the print to wear for your bottoms and topper.  Add simple jewelry and you're done.

OCPW: $14.42


Friday, 7/6/18

This outfit was dead simple, but I like how the blazer stands out against a backdrop of navy, and the gold necklace really shines.

OCPW: 10.19


Google Images returned the appallingly incorrect identification for this flower--calendula (marigold).  It doesn't look anything like that, with multiple layers of narrow leaves.

Indianapolis Zoo

In other news...I wore the second outfit above on the Friday that we celebrated/mourned the last day in our office for our (hugely over-qualified) admin, who is moving with his fiancee to new jobs in North Carolina.  It's been weeks since our assistant director (my manager) left, and it's been hard without him at times, but to function for any length of time without an admin will be really hard!  I hope that our department head will be able to get the job posted soon.  We've been lucky to have someone recently who was able to do all the admin tasks plus help out with other tasks, so it's going to take some effort on our part of recalibrate our expectations.

But the good news is that we finally have a start date for the new assistant director, August 13!

No comments: