Saturday, July 14, 2018

Mysterious Little Blue Bird

#NatureTwinning Part 64: Denim shirt

I see blog posts that suggest wearing a denim jacket in all kinds of summer situations that make me wonder, Where the hell do you people live?  Because after May, a denim jacket is just too warm for me.  (Of course, it doesn't help that my office is routinely 76+ degrees in the summer.)  But this 3/4 sleeve denim shirt (with pearl buttons that always remind me of my Granddad's western-style dress shirts that he wore square dancing, in a good way) is light-weight enough to be a great substitute.  I'm so committed to it as functionally a denim jacket that I've moved it to the Jackets/Blazers section of my wardrobe Excel file, people.

Friday, 5/18/18

I wasn't crazy about the (high) crew neck Ts compared to the V necks that I ordered from Kohls and ended up returning all of them, I think, except this one.  I just loved the large but delicate looking floral design on a chambray blue background.

(Confession: I haven't actually returned them yet.  They are in a box, along with two other boxes, in my hallway, waiting to be returned.  I suck.)

*Light blue/pink floral T (Kohls), $4.99

OCPW: $8.70


Friday, 6/22/18

I would have paid quite a bit more than $3 for this top.  It's sleeveless, so it works well as a summer layering piece for work, but it's also sufficiently non-skimpy to be a stand-alone piece on the weekend.  The rest of it is long and loose without looking totally shapeless.  Plus it's got stripes and a cute peplum.  I would have bought one in every color for $3 each...I mean, if that were how thrift stores worked.

*Light blue and white striped sleeveless peplum top (thrifted, Target), $2.99

OCPW: $9.36


Another little bird that has defied identification.  It's such an unusual soft blue-green-grey color.

Cincinnati Zoo

In other news...So I've discovered...well, *realized*...that my computer is ancient.  Too ancient to play Fallout 4.  My video card is 1k, but Fallout 4 requires 2k and recommends 4k.  Oops.  But I have determined that Fallout: New Vegas is sufficiently old (2010) that it will play on my machine.  I was very disappointed at first that I couldn't play Fallout 4--which I've been kind of watching Robert play for a couple weeks.

But then I decided that since I do want to play Fallout NV (which I've owned since February 2016!) at some point because it the consensus is that it is the best storyline in the Fallout series (and more on the role-playing-game end of the role-playing-game vs. first-person-shooter continuum), it's probably better to play it first, then the more visually-sophisticated Fallout 4, rather than the other way around.  But it's going to take me another week or so of not seeing Fallout 4's graphics to start playing Fallout NV and not find it visually undesirable.

I'm probably going to need to buy another computer in a bit, but I'm OK with waiting until after I finish Fallout NV (which will take months).

And if I find the older graphics difficult to handle, I can play it on Robert's 2 year old gaming laptop with a mod that brings it up to 4k graphics.  I have no idea how they do these things, but it looks pretty good!

No comments: