Thursday, January 18, 2018

Warm and Colds

#NatureTwinning Part 17

White River Gardens - Inside Hilbert Conservatory--Monday, 12/11/17

Um, didn't I just wear this scarf the previous Thursday?  (It's just so useful for wearing with these dark fall neutrals.)  Ah well, there was an intervening weekend so everything gets re-set, right?  Everybody's brain is erased and we all start afresh with no memory of our current work project, let alone our co-workers' fashion choices, from that distant country called Last Workweek.

Outfit cost per wear (OCPW): $10.93


Though dark florals are a popular sartorial choice, they are apparently exceedingly rare in botanical gardens.  But I thought this hothouse fauna from the arboretum adjoining the Indianapolis Zoo caught the feel of the outfit pretty well.  (Though my outfit really wasn't this damp.)

Indianapolis Zoo

California Sheephead--Tuesday, 12/12/17

I thought this outfit had a jaunty, festive look to it, appropriate to the whole "2 weeks until Christmas" thing.  Because a scarf with fish on it...nothing says Christmas like a scarf with fish on it.

OCPW: $10.43


If only I had heeded the silent warning of this California Christmas fish and not spent the holidays in the state with such a terrible flu season.  I mean, I guess I got off easy, only being very sick for two weeks and not, you know, actually dying.

Newport Aquarium

In other news...Now a bunch of people in my office have colds.  I'm still tired from the flu / sinus infection and am really hoping to avoid getting sick again (or do I mean still?  I'm confused).

It's especially incongruous because we are having unseasonably warm weather right now...like "unexpected patches of liquid water on the parking lot" warm.  Robert reports that the melt from the roof running down the building was so loud today it sounded like rain. Whaaaaaaat?

No comments: