Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Baader-Meinhoff Osteopaths

#NatureTwinning Part 19

East African Crowned Crane--Tuesday, 12/5/17

Heading into the fall/winter season, I also made an order at Loft for a couple of bird items that I could not resist.  #1 was this gorgeous crane sweater.  I like that it's very lightweight so it layers well under blazers, but of course I had to let it stand alone for its debut.  My office mate, who is not very into fashion and doesn't often say anything about what I wear, noticed this sweater with high approval.

*Bright pink crane sweater (Loft), $29.75

Outfit cost per wear (OCPW): $33.50


Cranes are popular birds in zoos, so I saw them on several of our stops, but the best crane photo was this one from Cincinnati.  It's not often I've seen them in this spread-wing stance, but it really shows you what beautiful birds they are...and it more closely mirrors the pose on the sweater than I had any business hoping for.

Cincinnati Zoo

Double Lorikeet--Wednesday, 12/6/17

Bird item #2 is this blouse with white lovebirds on it.  Of course I LOVE how well it works with the piped blazer in the same colors.

*Black and white birds blouse (Loft), $29.75

OCPW: $42.52


I was not so lucky as to have any lovebird photos, but I did get a shot of a pair of lorikeets hanging out together on a branch.  Works for me!  They seem to have a quizzical (left bird) / challenging (right bird) look about them, as though they are thinking "Good grief, why are the birds on your blouse in black and white?  This isn't 1950's television, people!"

Indianapolis Zoo

In other news...I had a Baader-Meinhoff moment recently when I started watching season 2 of The Crown on Netflix one evening.  You see, that morning I had read the obituary in The Economist for a woman involved in something called "The Porfumo Affair" in 1960s Britain.  One of the lines from the article was: "But Stephen took her back to his flat in Bayswater, not to sleep with her, but to offer her round to rich patients of his osteopathy practice."  During the episode of The Crown, set in 1957, the Queen's sister mentions a "sinister osteopath."  It's got to be the same person, right?  How many of these bad-guy osteopaths can be operating in Britain during this time period?

No comments: