Saturday, January 27, 2018

Toxic

#NatureTwinning Part 22

Bunch of Pink Flowers--Wednesday, 12/13/17

I bought this new blazer on a bit of a lark because it was on sale.  I was unsure which size to keep, so I decided to go with the bigger one for a comfortable over-sized style.  It looks rather funny in these top-down photos in which the upper body is exaggerated.  I guess I'll just call it my 1980's throwback blazer.

*Navy knit blazer (JCP), $20.99

Outfit cost per wear (OCPW): $30.34


Another astonishingly vibrant, healthy group of flowers from winter in Los Angeles.  I could not live in Southern California at all, but I admit to enjoying the strange time machine trip to late spring/early summer some of the floral displays evoked.

Los Angeles Arboretum

African Penguin--Thursday, 12/14/18

I saved my Christmas kitty scarf to wear at my sister's house and went with a more work-appropriate Christmas ornament style for my penultimate day in the office before my vacation.

OCPW: $9.58


I was surprised to see this penguin out in the open air on an unseasonably warm early fall day in Ohio, but it's an African penguin (a species I was previously unaware of).  African penguins are adapted to live in an environment where the land has subtropical temperatures but the ocean waters are about 41-68 F.  They have special glands above the eyes that they use for thermoregulation--when the temperature increases, more blood is sent to these glands to be cooled by the surrounding air.  The glands turn a darker shade of pink when this happens, so based on the pale pink glands on this guy, I guess it wasn't all that warm by his standards.

Cincinnati Zoo

In other news...These examples of toxic femininity in the workplace just about sum it up, folks.

No comments: