Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Black Mirror

#NatureTwinning Part 16

Ah yes, temperatures in the 40s and 50s means a single layer of blouse.  Hard to remember that was a thing.

Ferny Palms--Monday, 11/27/17

I was pretty excited to add a green skirt to my line-up, so I went about as simple as it gets with the rest of the outfit.

*Green skirt (JCP), $17.49

Outfit cost per wear (OCPW): $25.47


More green and dark colors in the Tropical Forest of the Los Angeles Arboretum.

Los Angeles Arboretum

A Shrub Rose and Friend--Tuesday, 11/28/17

Another fall version of the pink floral skirt outfit.  Wearing the below-the-knee skirt with tall cognac boots and a blouse with a feminine shape gave the outfit an unexpected "Romantic Country" look.  A departure from my more usual "Cool-ish Nerd," "Trying for Badass," "Crayon Box," "Semi-Matron," and "1990s Basic Normcore" styles.

OCPW: $22.86


I'm not sure what the little guy adorning this pink rose is.  He looks a bit like a yellow ladybug, but I don't think that's right.  Spotted cucumber beetle is the closest match I could find--I really don't know even the most common types of bugs.


In other news...Have you been watching Black Mirror on Netflix?  During the part of my flu when all I could do was sit in my chair and watch TV, I caught up on Seasons 4 and 3 (because each episode is a stand-alone SF story in the Twilight Zone tradition, this worked fine).  My favorites so far:

#1 S4E5: Metalhead
#2 S4E1: USS Callister
#3 S3E6: Hated in the Nation

Metalhead...man.  I had no idea it was going to be so good.

No comments: