Friday, December 13, 2013

Still Dressing for Skyrim Weather

Let the Scarf Be Your Guide -- 12/8/13

I probably would not have thought to put coral and grey together, but those are the colors in the scarf, and they seem to work together.  (This is an upside to being a scarf person -- you can let the experts who designed the scarf tell you what colors go together and just build the outfit around that.)  I've worn coral with navy, but I like it a lot with grey.  (Coral is just too close to orange for me to be able to handle it with black if it's not October 31.)


When Robert and I went to the library, I switched into snow-compatible footwear -- in this case, my mega snow boots (which were more boot than I really needed, given the amount of sidewalk clearing that had occurred, but it's good to take my opportunities to wear them).


New to the blog:  Sorel snow boots

She's an Animal -- 12/9/13

Jones New York has the best selection of attractive animal print clothes I've seen this year.  I put in an order with them and they knocked it out of the park on about 80% of what I bought.

When I got chilled, I put the animal print puffer vest over the whole thing and zipped it up.  That could definitely be too much animal print, but with the sweater and vest, the shirt became an unseen under layer.

I'm really becoming expert with the layers.  I have been known to wear up to four -- knit shirt, sweater, blazer, puffer vest (or coat).  Finding blazers that work over a sweater and under the vest is key.


New item:
**Brown leopard print knit shirt from Jones New York

Birthday Blues -- 12/10/13

I wasn't very blue on my birthday, though certain people I could name gave me reason to be sad by forgetting my birthday until I reminded them.  (Fortunately Robert and my sister were reliable extenders of not only un-asked-for happy birthday wishes, but on-time birthday presents as well!  My sister got me something from the Snow Leopard Trust, which was not only lovely in itself but also supports my beloved felines.  Even though I told Robert that I would buy my own birthday present, he -- wisely, am I right? -- got me a few rabbit-related things anyway, including some custom-made stickers and a very cute rabbit tarot deck.  Also, it simply would not be my birthday without red roses.)


New items:
**Sky blue cashmere sweater from Macy's (I nabbed this on one of their two-day specials, $40 down from $120 -- I bought this color and a darker blue, but I sort of wish I had gotten it in every color I liked -- oh well, when it's time to hand-wash it, I might be glad I don't have a bunch of them)
**Double strand freshwater pearls from Macy's (also on a special sale) -- when these came in the mail, I told Robert, "Wow, this is exactly what I wanted for my birthday!"
**Blue flats by Sofft

No comments: