Monday, October 4, 2010

Updating

It would be really nice if professors were to update their university web page to indicate whether or not they are taking students for the upcoming intake cycle.  Then I wouldn't have to email them to ask, and they wouldn't have to hit the delete or spam button in their email program to get rid of this email.  But since a surprisingly large number of profs list "in press" articles that were published in 2005, etc., I guess updating the web site is not a priority for most. 

To Professor D. A., who did update her page to say that she's taking students:  Thank you!

1 comment:

Tam said...

You might also check out "faculty profiles" as a search term (e.g., "uc irvine faculty profiles"). I think some law is requiring schools to do these now (unless it's just in Texas) and they tend to be much more complete than people's own web sites. The ones at my school are impressively thorough, at least in my department, and I've been using them to check out potential advisors myself.