Monday, February 11, 2008

Notes on the Movie "Shooter"

Best self-deprecating self-description: "I'm just a peckerwood living in the hills with too many guns."

Best state motto: "Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shooting stuff."

Best reason to kick some major ass: "They killed my dog." (And we're talking a dog that knew to bring him a cold beer from the fridge as soon as they got inside.)

They gave this character, an ex-Marine gunnery sergeant who spends the early part of the movie with ludicrously bad hair and a decidedly unhipster trucker cap, the amusing name of Bob Lee Swagger. Mark Wahlburg does a credible job.

Lots of stuff gets blown up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I recall, I was really annoyed that it seemed the guy brought most of it on himself. Oh well... not the point I guess.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, if only he hadn't fallen for the "patriotic" carrot. However, I thought this was one of the better performances for Mark Wahlberg. I am not a huge fan, so it surprised me how well he did.