Thursday, August 2, 2007

Sucky Revised Class Schedule

The very neat, clustered class schedule I planned out before has now gone to hell, as a couple of classes that had only an opening or two have filled up prior to my opportunity to enroll. One I am able to attend at another (undesirable) time and the other is no longer available at all (this was one that I was ambivalent about taking anyway, so it doesn't break my heart). Fortunately, I got my paperwork signed with permissions for a couple other classes, so I should be able to take 3-4 courses, but the timing will be very inconvenient. This is the only semester I will have this problem, since as a grad student I will be able to sign up for classes at the very beginning of the registration period in the future. This semester, due to my late application, I am having to wait for late registration on August 9. Please don't let anything else get screwed up between now and then.

Here's my current tentative schedule, assuming none of them fill up:

Calc II, M-Th, 8:00 - 9:15

Intro to Marketing, M/W, 12:30-1:45

Attitude Change (psyc grad), T/Th, 12:30-1:45

And maybe, if I can gird myself for such a terribly long day, Advanced Stat (psyc grad), M/W, 3:30-4:45

At least I will have an abundant opportunity to eat lunch between my first and second classes.

2 comments:

Tam said...

It sounds like a pretty nice schedule to me, one that doesn't vary much day to day (M-Th). It's well suited to planning to spend your days on campus, that's for sure. The late class M/W sucks, but you could use the time inbetween as dedicated homework time, and perhaps succeed in arriving home at night with little additional work to accomplish.

Sally said...

Yes, I figure the library will be my friend during this period. It has a built in period where doing homework/reading/etc. will be the natural thing to do. In some respects, it might work out better than coming home earlier, though I like it less. (You know, in the way one might like less in the immediate term to do one's homework rather than, say, play Shape Shifter.)