Monday, August 27, 2007

Sandwich Making Meets Morrowind: A Brief Conversation

9:50 p.m., an apartment in South Austin

Sally: "I can't believe the 'pull here' strip to open this cheese actually pulls away cleanly. Thank you, Kraft."

Sally: "This top slice of cheese is kind of dried out looking. Oh, this one is OK."

Robert: "Is it the new package of cheese?"

Sally: "Yes, as I said, the 'pull here' strip even worked as it's supposed to."

...

Sally: "You're aren't listening to me even though you asked me a question, are you?"

...

Sally: "I'm trying to give you a really hard time here about how you are not paying attention to anything I'm saying but you're not even listening to me say that."

Robert: "What? I have 3 outcasts whaling on me here."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Change the particulars, but I'm pretty sure I've played "Sally" in that conversation before... :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, when you are the Sally here, you should switch over to more interesting sentences like "Your tie's on fire." (I can't remember who I stole that quote from.) At least then you can be entertaining yourself.

(If I have been the Robert in this conversation, I may not have noticed.)

Sally said...

I was struck after I wrote this by the utter inanity of my side of the conversation; he didn't miss much!