Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sally's Closet: Extra Woo Edition

Speaking of new agey stuff, in the Great Unveiling of Sally's Crap from High School that I undertook last Christmas, I found a crystal that M gave me all those years ago. I can't tell what sort of crystal this is (quartz?), so there is no knowing what amazing powers I have had the advantage of all these years. Unless crystals don't work at a physical distance, in which case, bummer.

I just googled M and discovered:
(1) He still lives in the same city (8 miles from our hometown) as he did 10 years ago. [Note how I am attempting to maintain some anonymity for him while giving information that should make those of you who know about my background and anything about M able to figure this out. This is somewhat difficult.]
(2) He is a pre-AP high school English teacher (last I knew, he was a high school Spanish teacher, though he majored in both). This is a really good fit for him. The last thing his class read this spring before school let out was The Joy Luck Club.
(3) He still has messy hair, which he now wears brushed back, but now also has a mustache and small beard. Alas.
(4) He was wearing a TIE in the photo... and an apron, though all four people on the school sale committee had those. The M I knew was into tie-dye, but an actual necktie? That's very establishment.
(5) I have no idea if he is married. Or gay. Or what. They did not publish this information in the newspaper or on the school web site.

No comments: