Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ninja Award

For those of you who have been breathlessly awaiting (ahem) word on what award I ended up getting at my class at CSU, here it is:

This ninja girl is seriously, dangerously cute

Yes, my "Are you boys ready to rumble?" challenge won the day. Notice the fake last name? Everyone likes to pretend I was drunk that night even though it has been established that I was stone sober. I was the only person to get a fake name on my award, which I found amusing and convenient for posting to my pseudo-anonymous blog. After the ceremony (which was taking place at a bar), one woman told me that when the award was given and story was related to those who thought themselves accursed they were not there to see it themselves, our one female instructor had this incredible look of shock and confusion on her face, like she was having difficulty assimilating this new information. I also screwed up the photo shoot that evening when one guy dared another to pinch my ass and I spun around and threatened to totally fuck up the would-be pincher. So there's a great photo now of about 30 people and my back; it is unknown whether my aggressive hand movements show in the picture.

A couple weeks after getting this award, I walked into a meeting with three fellow researchers at work and one of them immediately started laughing. When our meeting organizer asked him what his problem was, he said that since J had told him about that event, he had imagined me coming into the room saying my now famous phrase. Which lead to J having to tell and act out the scene (which he had experienced as one of the guys on the receiving end of this thing in Fort Collins) for the fourth guy. Much fun was had by all.

2 comments:

Tam said...

So you now have a Ninja Award to go with your Knight Award. Quite the fighter, aintcha?

Sally said...

I'm thinking a Samurai Award would round this out nicely.