Thursday, April 15, 2010

An Oft-Cited Source

I have spent all afternoon and evening working on a paper that is due next Thursday but that given the other deadlines I have coming up I would really like to finish (at least 80% of) this weekend. It took me a long time to figure out what I was going to write about (note: I thought about it all week), but once I decided, my outline basically wrote itself. However, for some reason (still exhausted from writing the last paper? my circadian arousal pattern has shifted to mornings as optimal time of day for controlled processing like all the other old folks?), it's been a real struggle to do the actual writing tonight, especially fleshing out bullet points with details and appropriate citations.

But fortunately, I was able to rely yet again on a chapter in The Handbook of Attitudes as the perfect, ultimate source at a point when my deep desire not to look up more articles in the PsycInfo database reached its zenith...or do I mean nadir? I'm confusing myself with this mixed deep/high metaphor. In any event, I didn't wanna do it and my fallback citation saved me from having to.

I think I should just go ahead and have it tattooed on my forehead:

(BriƱol & Petty, 2005)

1 comment:

rvman said...

Maybe on the back of your hand, where you can see it, rather than on your forehead, where you can't. (Unless you tattoo it on backwards and read it in a mirror.)