Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Couple Words

The other day, I was sitting in my comfy chair contemplating the fact that Tam and Ed are going to grad school together (awww, sweet) when I realized:

Tam + Ed = Tamed

I have a long history of liking people with names that are words and initials that are words (no doubt influenced by the fact that I have both), but I hadn't thought of couples whose names put together are words, and it seemed really nifty. I considered what other people Ed could date and retain this couple-word thing and came up with some options.

Then a weird thing happened: I woke up to find myself in bed in the middle of the night. What? I thought. I was dreaming about that? Well, it beats last night's dream about oversleeping and missing (my non-existent) morning classes, then taking a shower on my mother's sofa (because I had a high fever and could not stand up) and trying to wash my hair with powdered dish washer detergent.

These are the Ed dating options my slumbering self came up with.

Men:
Matt
Tim
Rob
Sid
Peter Gunn (using either name)

Women:
Jewel
Honey
Salli (hah!)

Of these options, I have to say that I like Tam + Ed best, though I have a serious soft spot for Henry Mancini's "Peter Gunn" theme song.

7 comments:

Tam said...

Ed has the advantage of a name that is also a suffix (as you no doubt noticed).

Tim Gunn would be another good either-word choice for Ed.

There's also Nick.

Dang. Not enough names are also words.

Sally said...

Ah, I hadn't heard of Tim Gunn, who has the advantage of being an actual person (or so the conspiracy goes). Nick is a nice one.

He could also date Li.

Sally said...

And I can't believe it took me til just now to think of Dick.

Tam said...

Hah! Me neither.

Tam said...

It occurred to me in the car yesterday that your first two initials also form a word (I mean the pronunciation of their spelling - like how "DM" sounds like "diem.") Do you like that too?

Sally said...

Robert read this to me a couple minutes ago and I was all wha? He said, just try it, so I sounded it out like a dyslexic 5 year old and was suddenly, oh! I'd never noticed that before! The fun with my name never ends.

Tam said...

I picture you doing it like that two-headed monster on Sesame Street.