Saturday, July 18, 2009

Birthday Party Reflection

Having a nasty headache and not being able to eat the strawberries because the 15 of them were covered in, I swear, at least 1.5 cups of repulsively over-sweetened brandy sauce (which La Madeleine calls their "signature brandy sour cream sauce") was not much fun, but it could have been worse: I could have been the person going home with an Electronic Yodelling Pickle that has the appearance of a vibrator but little of the functionality.

Insert your own sex joke here. You know you have one. Or 69.

2 comments:

Jen M. said...

Wow. Throwaway stuff like that actually makes me pretty sad these days, and not just because it ends up in the garbage. http://www.storyofstuff.com/

mom said...

I saw the video and it was amazing. I wasn't aware of some of what was discussed, especially the amount of chemicals that are used and the amount of trash generated at the production level. It just reinforces what I've thought for a long time about the finite amount of resources we have and what we are doing to our planet and the people on the planet.