Friday, June 12, 2009

Homemaker Morning

I did two loads of laundry, washed dishes, took down several bags of trash, and cooked the following:

Blueberry oat muffins (12) [would have been 24 but I ran out of oats, of all things]

Tam's red beans and rice (6)

Chicken sesame noodles (6) [a new recipe]

Now I need to wash dishes again, naturally.

I also took care of other trivial but necessary business like paying bills and responding to some school email.

And I am making progress sorting stuff in Leo's closet into keep, Goodwill, and trash piles. For example, two boxes of craft supplies have been consolidated down to one after deciding to give away some of it. (I really don't need to hold on to my 5th-10th favorite sets of cross-stitch Christmas ornament patterns, for instance.) Fortunately, Robert and I re-arranged Leo's room so that the bun now has access to only half of the room. This lets me use the other side without worrying that Leo will get under my feet, eat cords and other attractive things, etc.

Oh, and a Leo update: Robert experimented with stopping Leo's painkiller (that he's been given for his arthritis) to see if his activity level would go back up, and it worked. I guess the painkiller had been drowsing him out in a big way. He's much friskier now than he had been of late. We've been monitoring him for signs of pain but so far, so good. We also suspect that part of the not eating much problem has stemmed from the transition from the bunny-sitter's feeding schedule back to ours; we feed Leo about 5 hours earlier for breakfast and dinner than she does. He definitely was eating more normally yesterday than he was earlier in the week.

But fear not - I am not letting this work stand in the way of more important things. I played about half a dozen games of Biotronic on Facebook this morning, too.

1 comment:

mom said...

I'm so glad to hear that Leo is doing better.