Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Business Wardrobe

I took a couple of strikingly bad photographs of the clothes I bought for my conference (shakiness plus mirror shot plus black clothes against a black background yielded fuzzy, hard-to-see photos). I ended up getting a pair of pants at Kohl's (using a gift card, so free to me) and a skirt at Dress Barn (which was $40 but is the quintessential plain black suit skirt so it should remain suitable for a long time - get it, suitable? okay). Both of these items matched well with the black suit jacket I already owned.

My outfits put me in about the top 30% of dressiness among the women at the conference, which was a very safe-feeling place to be.

So I present:

(1) the world's most proper and boring black skirt suit (which I did wear with hose at the actual conference but not in this photo reconstruction):


(2) a pair of black pants with a somewhat flared leg that were actually long enough on me for once, I think - about one inch from the floor - and that felt kind of wooshy and very nice.

No comments: