Saturday, May 5, 2018

Visible Figures

#NatureTwinning Part 49: Quilted vests without end, amen

Goose--Friday, 3/30/18

It was cool to realize that I could wear a bright pink (slightly patterned) scarf with this bright pink sweater, especially with some black vest breaking up the Casual-Friday-by-Barbie-ness of it.

Outfit cost per wear (OCPW): $8.66


Although raptors get most of the credit for being avian badasses (due to their predatory ways), geese can be seriously in your face and tough as hell.  I liked the way this goose was giving me attitude.  (I maintained my distance so I was not attacked.)

Upper Newport Bay

Capybara at Rivers Edge--Saturday, 3/31/18

AKA Han Solo in a scarf.

OCPW: $14.95


This guy straight up looks like he's from Star Wars, too.

St Louis Zoo

In other news...From the Washington Post: "Three black teens are finalists in a NASA competition. Hackers spewing racism tried to ruin their odds."  Three black teenage girls.  So of course the asshats at 4chan had to try to shut that down.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Reminds me of the 3 Black women in the movie Hidden Figures. If you haven’t seen it, you should. It’s a good movie.

Sally said...

Yes, that was a great movie. We happened to catch it on HBO during our zoo tour.