Sunday, August 20, 2017

Have I Ever Told You You're My Spearow

After our zoo tour was rescheduled due to a crazy heat wave in the lower Midwest, we did take a couple days off at the end of the week to play Pokemon and generally enjoy not being at work.  But first, office outfits were worn...

Peaches and Cream, Now Enjoyed Poolside--Monday, 7/17/17

After a peaches-and-cream outfit with white top and coral pants in June, I revisited the combination with a hefty extra dose of aqua/teal in the scarf and shoes.  I really enjoyed this as a way to highlight the pastel shades of this useful multi-colored skirt.

Outfit cost per wear (OCPW): $17.06


Basic Boring Colorblocking--Tuesday, 7/18/17

This definitely looks to me like an outfit I would have come up with prior to a few years ago when I started planning outfits...and is what happens when the outfit I'd planned (this top with my burgundy skirt--a horrible color combination as it turns out--and a narrow black scarf with neon polka dots that did not work with the neckline of the top at all) goes awry and I have to substitute something at the last minute.  I won't be winning any fashion kudos with this combination, but it was acceptable.  (At least the bright pink and black were repeated in my Fitbit/watch.)

OCPW: $6.34


In Which I Reverse Inspire the Fuchsia--Wednesday, 7/19/17

After yesterday's blah pink outfit, I like this one better.  The print top has small bits of the sweater and skirt colors, so it feels a bit more cohesive.  And doesn't the bright pink/magenta color pop against the green?


Yep...like this flower called the fuchsia.


Source: dengarden.com
OCPW: $10.34


In other news...Robert and I settled down recently to watch a DVD of Looney Tunes cartoons while I shortened the straps on the three sleeveless tops I bought at my last Goodwill trip by an inch.  I figured that I would be able to track the plots while being distracted with hand-sewing.  Several of them were familiar (e.g., Hair Raising Hare--with Gossamer the red monster; For Scent-imental Reasons--a delightful Pepe Le Pew short), but there was an old Elmer Fudd cartoon (Elmer's Candid Camera, 1940) that dated to back before Bugs Bunny was called Bugs Bunny!  He was instead called "Happy Rabbit," and he ended the piece with a laugh that was later given to Woody Woodpecker, which was actually pretty creepy.  We also saw the debut of my beloved Marvin the Martin (and his sidekick K-9) in Haredevil Hare.  Marvin is pretty recognizable here, but his voice is different from in later cartoons.  He is trying to blow up Earth with a Uranium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator...which later becomes the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator we all know and fear.

5 comments:

Tam said...

There's a cartoon (in my mind a Looney Tune) I've been trying to track down for years, with no success. Since you often remember uncanny things, I thought you might remember it.

The punchline is, "A geniune ball-point pen-guin!" In my memory (which may be faulty) it is spoken in a country-style voice, by a large fellow who receives a package in the mail, containing the aforementioned bird.

Does this ring any bells? Google and Youtube searching have availed me not.

Tam said...

Also, the penguin seems familiar, as though I saw him in other cartoons, or the same cartoon more than once. He's a mischevious little fellow, in memory.

Sally said...

That is entirely unfamiliar.

Tam said...

Well, shoot.

Tam said...

And, in case you should run this by Robert, I should mention that I don't think it is the Looney Tunes character Playboy Penguin. Neither of the two older cartoons in which he appears is the one I'm thinking of.