Wednesday, August 30, 2017

A Misdreavus Beast

Dad Pants--Monday, 8/7/17

Why this shade of aqua blue is called "Dad" by our neural network friend is a mystery, but it works very well with navy and white.  Although I am not ready to give up pattern mixing and giant flowing scarves and other maximal outfit features, I am digging simple outfits with bright pants lately.

Outfit cost per wear (OCPW): $15.75


Chambray on Chambray with More Chambray--Tuesday, 8/8/17

While the jeans + denim jacket combo is called a Canadian tuxedo (I believe a Texas tuxedo is stereotypically worn with cowboy hat and/or boots), I'm not familiar with a term for layered denim-on-denim...or chambray-on-chambray-colored-knit like I'm wearing here.  But I think it's a winning monochrome combination, especially when paired with neon pants.  And yes, those are chambray ballet flats too.  #AllthechambrayFTW

OCPW: $15.50


A Fan of Aqua + Red--Wednesday, 8/9/17

I initially saw an aqua top + red pants outfit on Jen's blog, tied together (so to speak) with a coordinating scarf (the outfit was inspired by the Turkish tulip embroidery on the left). 

Source: librarianforlifestyle.com

As I don't have a scarf with these colors...and my top has this mega-ruffle neckline that would complete with a scarf anyway...and the high temperature is 80 F...I wore this coordinating fan necklace instead.

OCPW: $6.27


The Mom Cardigan--Thursday, 8/10/17

When I wear this cardigan, I'm reminded of my mom because she usually wears this "grandpa" style (though long-sleeved, not 3/4 sleeved).  I added the scarf at the last minute because I thought it might be a cooler day than I'd planned and I hadn't shortened the straps on the top so it was in danger of shifting too low for comfort.  The coral detracts a bit from the orchid-pink shoes/Fitbit combo but whatever.

OCPW: $3.85


Denim-less Friday--Friday, 8/11/17

I ended up switching my Thursday and Friday outfits so I wore jeans yesterday and black and white and a pop of bright pink today.  This change-up made sense at the time.

OCPW: $9.21


In other news...In honor of a conversation I had with my supervisor and our department head today in which I am being encouraged to do some leadership professional development this year because they would like me to take more of a leadership role in our department, I will refer to this classic article... which does NOT describe my work situation.

"Misdreavus frightens people with a creepy, sobbing cry. The Pokémon apparently uses its red spheres to absorb the fearful feelings of foes and turn them into nutrition."

2 comments:

Mom said...

When I bought the cardigans they were called boyfriend sweaters. Are they now called grandpa sweaters?

Sally said...

That's right--I remember even saying to you at search for boyfriend cardigans! But lately I've seen them called grandpa cardigans, too.

"Boyfriend cardigan" yields 3.6 million hits on Google. "Grandpa cardigan" yields 1.64 million hits. So both are common terms.

The photos of the two terms have similar looking sweaters, but I do think that "boyfriend" is a closer match to what you (and I, in this outfit) wear because I see more variety in grandpa cardigans, where some of them are cowl necked, for example, and some of them are just brown.

So you're right. The term "boyfriend cardigan" is a better description! :)