Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Double Chinchou

A quick outfit post before I go out to play Pokemon Go...

Aqua Dottie--Monday, 7/10/17

I know this shirt looks like it has faint stripes on the front, but they are actually rows of tiny dots, hence the goofy name I have bestowed upon it.  Matching pants, Fitbit, and spots on the back of the turtle pendant for the win.

*White lace dottie top (JCP), $11.89

Outfit cost per wear (OCPW): $20.90


Halloween in July--Tuesday, 7/11/17

It's hard to wear orange and black together without it feeling like late October, but trust, I will not be wearing sparkly toed ballet flats without socks or a short-sleeved knit top without a jacket/sweater at Halloween time.  And somehow this silly fish charm necklace always seems to add a strong dash of summery to any outfit.

OCPW: $12.18


Hello Invested Sailor--Wednesday, 7/12/17

Can't stop, won't stop with the striped sailor-y shirts or the "hello sailor" based outfit names.  After referring to a row of hedges near our apartment that are a bit scary in the dark as the real-life equivalent of the topiary animals in Zork 2, I recently fell down the Internet rabbit hole of Infocom walkthroughs...and was reminded, man, was it ever satisfying to "hello sailor" that Viking in Zork 3 for an invisibility potion!

OCPW: $7.46


Pretty Pink Sick Day Blues--Thursday, 7/13/17

A rainy day spent at home with some malady that I no longer remember.  I do remember thinking that it was weird that I could wear a denim jacket on a warmish (high 83 F) day, but it's amazing how having a fever changes those calculations.  (My outfit was otherwise what I had planned to wear to work before bailing on that idea.)

 *Bright pink/white striped top (thrifted, Karen Scott), $4.49

OCPW: $10.36


Silk and Lace--Friday, 7/14/17

I actually found the bright white top and grey-ish white scarf combination rather ill-advised after seeing it together, but I didn't feel like figuring out something else to wear that also worked with the maroon flats (which I don't wear very often and was in the mood to wear).  So instead I chose to focus on the textural contrast of the items.

OCPW: $16.27


In other news...Yep, today's feature has to be the recent Ask a Manager column in which a reader writes that she (?) was reprimanded by her boss for wearing the same pair of pants twice in one week.  Not professional because it implies something about the person's finances or that they "aren't taking care of themselves."  WTH, right?

So yeah, I wore the same pair of shoes twice this week (although only once to work as it turned out).  Infer from that what you will.

Chinchou

6 comments:

Mom said...

Wow, just wow! Being reprimanded for wearing the same pants twice in one week?! What if you have 5 pairs of the same black pants or she likes the pants and had washed them and wanted to wear them again? Men often wear the same suit several times in a week and just wear a different shirt?

Sally said...

I know, right? It is hard to imagine this comment being directed to a man.

Tam said...

I wear the same pair of pants to work all week every week. I mean, not the same pair every week, but the same pair all week, every week.

Sally said...

So like the same pair 5 days straight? Nice.

Tam said...

Yeah, or sometimes 4 days, followed by jeans on Friday. I decided this made more sense from a convenience-of-hanging-things-on-hooks-in-the-closet perspective than rotating the same four or five pairs every week, given that I don't feel the need to wash them after every wear and they're not animals and thus don't actually heal up while resting or anything.

Sally said...

I think they probably do have the chance to air out etc. overnight, given that you're working a desk job. If life were like Oblivion, we'd be repairing our pants every evening.