Monday, August 21, 2017

Daddy Arbok

Another colorful pants week!  Two days of this week were lost...to illness (Monday) and, sigh, the first time I failed to photograph an outfit for work (Wednesday). 

Pinky Dots--Tuesday, 7/25/17

This is a pretty basic summer work outfit formula--bright pants, comfortable short-sleeved top, necklace, flats (plus coordinating Fitbit).  The pink dots on the t-shirt are a lighter shade than the pants, but it's all good.

Outfit cost per wear (OCPW): $6.48


The Missing Photo--Wednesday, 7/26/17

Even though I don't have a photograph of it, I can at least record that I wore the white lace dottie top, the coral pants, the gold tassel necklace, and black pointy-toed flats.

OCPW: $12.54

Formula Day 3--Thursday, 7/27/17

If it ain't broke, right?

I continue to be delighted by this lace top that gets around both the "ugh why are all white shirts too sheer to wear without a camisole" problem and the "um isn't lace kind of see-through anyway" problem by having a layer of lace on top of a layer of regular knit fabric in the front.

OCPW: $17.62


Cobalt and Orange Crush--Friday, 7/28/17

Let's mix up this formula a bit by substituting another recent favorite top half combination--sleeveless top and short-sleeved cardigan.  I continue to be surprised by how useful these orange ballet flats are.  Orange is not a great color on me (though when it leans more in the direction of "coral," it works better) but I'm really enjoying wearing orange/coral on the bottom half (where its clashing-ness with my face and hair is less obvious) in general and these shoes in particular.  And this blue/orange combination is further evidence that the whole "complementary colors are awesome together" idea has merit.

OCPW: $8.76


In other news...I read this article about the smartphone generation with great interest.  There are always these "everything is different now!" articles, bemoaning how one generation is in some way worse than the ones that came before, but this one seems better researched and more convincing than most. 

It had been a while since I've taken a Sorting Hat quiz, so I thought this one created by social scientists at Cambridge was a fun thing to do.  I got Ravenclaw (81% match).  "Your personality shows a high degree of work ethic and shrewdness, which are valued among members of Ravenclaw House."  No surprise there.


This post was brought to you by Arbok, clearly a member of House Slytherin.


No comments: