Monday, November 1, 2010

One Down, Countless More to Go

This evening I finished one of my term papers, due November 22.  It turned out to be an over 20-page project proposal (probably falling in the "I did not have the leisure to make it shorter" category).  I will proof-read it again a day or two before I turn it in, but it's super nice to have one thing off my mental to-do list. 

In addition to the countless applications I have due on/by December 1, I also have another 20-page paper (a review paper for neuroscience, so that one is going to be rough going - due November 19 and I haven't started even reading articles yet) and my thesis proposal to write this month, as well as a class discussion to lead.  (Fortunately, I am already familiar with two of the three papers for that class session, so I hope the prep work won't be as dire as it sometimes is.)  Good thing I don't have normal, ongoing coursework or a TAship or anything like that.  Oh wait.

Life is going to be pretty much fucking crazy for everyone in the program until at least December 8 (when we turn in our second final).  After that, things are only really busy and stressful as we continue applications and struggle to get our act together to start collecting data for our thesis as soon as the spring semester begins.  Looking at my classmates, I see us falling into about 4 categories right now:

(1)  Slightly suppressed anger

(2)  Laughter at the impending doom

(3)  Panic and frenzy

(4)  Tharn

Or maybe by "us," I mean "me."

1 comment:

Tam said...

My life is nothing like this busy, but the way I stress out over school, I can only imagine. (I usually vacillate between (1) and (2) when it gets tough.)

Keep truckin', Sally. I know you will.