Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Five Minutes

I had decided that I wanted to send my advisor a complete first draft of my thesis proposal by 2:00 p.m. today, and I got it emailed by 2:05.  It's great to have this ball out of my court for a while.

Next up: grading research reports and completing PhD applications.  The bulk of the work for the apps at this point consists of writing (customizing) statements of purpose and putting together the packets that need to be snail-mailed to the schools.  I also need to finish and submit the online applications, but that goes pretty quickly.

Last night I dreamed that I was visiting Tam at school, only instead of her grad program, we were in a middle school.  The absolute low point was when Tam suggested we go next door for lunch to a place where they sell 50 cent sandwiches.  Each sandwich was one piece of white bread topped with a handful of little disks that look like bologna.  The sign announced that the following sandwiches were available:

"Meat, horse, mouse, shrimp, and puppy."

2 comments:

Tam said...

...and monkey!

Sally said...

LOL - that must be an off-menu item available only to special customers...