Sunday, May 2, 2010

Kopfschmertz Sonntag

Tomorrow evening I want to do a post-mordem on my presentation, but the short report is that it went fine and nobody asked me a Wittgenstein question afterwards.

Today is the 9th straight day I've had a headache. It sucks. I've spent most of the day either lying around with a cold cloth on my head and sort of whining or studying for my stats exam that is tomorrow afternoon (a task to which I will be returning momentarily).

Meanwhile, my mom had a very cooperative male painted bunting in her yard this afternoon, and it stayed long enough for her to get great binocular views of it. This is just a spectacular-looking bird. Unfortunately, it lives in only four states in the south-central US, which does not include North Carolina. It is among the many summer birds that I knew I would miss moving out here (a list that starts with scissor-tailed flycatcher, a bird I could count on seeing basically every single day when I was driving home from work along back roads in south Austin and that was a beloved friend of mine growing up).

Hey baby
So, what have you been up to?

1 comment:

Tam said...

Headache, oh, that sucks. So many days! I'm really sorry.

That bird is gorgeous - I don't think I've ever seen one.