Saturday, February 24, 2007

Social Psych Programs: The Round of 16

Here are the schools that have survived my first winnowing of psych programs. I am certainly not planning to apply to all these schools, but they are the ones with programs I think are worth checking out further. 16 of the original 83 = 19% survival rate for stage one. (So far, I have been "serious" but not "ruthless" in my selectivity.)

Most interested (consumer psychology, marketing research, behavioral decision-making, and/or behavioral economics):
Arizona State
Carnegie Mellon (in Pittsburgh)
Chicago
Connecticut
Iowa
Ohio State
Temple (in Philadelphia)
Washington U. (in St Louis)

Somewhat interested (attitude change/persuasion and/or general decision-making):
Colorado - Boulder
Florida
Indiana
Massachussetts
Miami U. (in Oxford, OH)
Oregon
Purdue (in West Lafayette, IN)
Queen's (in Kingston, Ontario)

(It's kind of weird to me that it turned out to be 8 schools in group 1 and 8 schools in group 2. There's no reason that it shouldn't have, of course, but I am still vulnerable to these kinds of biases.)

Next up, marketing PhD programs. (The excitement is palpable.) I don't know yet what criteria I will be using for looking at these programs.

* This post has been brought to you by the number 8, the letter P, the state of Pennsylvania, and the punctuation mark parenthesis.

No comments: