Sunday, June 10, 2018

Aunt Sally is Tired

#NatureTwinning Part 57

Purple-Blue Berries--Friday, 4/27/18

The small novelty of this basic outfit was the choice of bright blue shoes, to pick up on the traces of bright blue in the flowers on the top.

Outfit cost per wear (OCPW): $8.34


One of my recent hobbies is seeing exactly how bad Google is at identifying plants from photos.  It called this one "blueberries," which...well, they are berries, I think, and they're kind of blue, but thanks for playing, Google, but no dice.

Los Angeles Arboretum

Put A Rabbit On It--Sunday, 4/29/18

I'm trying to hold the apron so you can see it in all its crazy bunny glory.


The Takin Family--Monday, 4/30/18

Ye olde denim shirt as jacket trick.  Hee haw.

OCPW: $11.63


The takin family consists of Sally, Harry, and baby Meg.

Cincinnati Zoo

In other news...I just got back from a great trip to California visiting my parents and my sister's family.  And I already miss those boys.  But now I'm tired and maybe coming down with a cold (it's pretty much impossible for me to fly somewhere and not get sick but I'm hoping that zinc will fight it off) and need a vacation where all I do is lie around and read books.  Instead it's back to work tomorrow.  Bah.

I did get to read some books on my vacation, though--There's No Place Like Space was a big favorite and Darth Vader and Son, aka "the funny book," got pulled out again because my nephew P. remembered that it was from me.  Well, actually, it's not much of an exaggeration to say that P. remembers absolutely everything.  I mean, he remembered from Christmas that "Aunt Sally has a bunny on her watch" as just one example.

Strangely, I think I actually lost a few pounds on this vacation, which is probably the first time that has happened to me in my adult life.  The "Play with an Energetic 2 1/2 Year Old Boy" exercise plan is a good one!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

My favorite ballroom dance teacher told us about the "toddler" diet plan: Eat everything you want; run everywhere you go.

Mom said...

Sally, wait until there are two toddlers to play with!

Jen M. said...

We had so much fun!! Sorry you got sick. I've been fighting a cold too and hoping it doesn't take hold as I'm back to work on Monday. P likes to say S is for Aunt Sally :) and talks about you flying on an airplane and Robert picking you up. Lil B has been super happy and easy going again (he got over his fussiness).

Sally said...

Debbie--Haha, that teacher was seriously right. Unfortunately my relatively brief foray did not lead to lasting weight loss (as soon as I rehydrated after my travel day, I was back to normal), but as an exercise plan, it's solid.

Mom--Oh man, I can hardly wait until there are 2 toddlers. So much fun! (Definitely the "I had so much fun I had to take a nap" kind of fun, too.)

Jen--I'm looking forward to flying on airplane back to see you guys! :)