Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Successful Experiment

I've been wanting to try some different necklines on my t-shirt refashions, so I made this one with a square neck.  It took several re-adjustments (because I was working without a template, just measuring myself and making it up as I went along) but I was pleased with the final result.  (I wore it yesterday with a black skirt rather than the denim skirt shown here.) I am still using up "scraps" so I didn't have a lot of big pieces to work with, but fortunately I had the bottom half of a big white t-shirt my mom got from the library that I could use as the main body of the shirt.  I supplemented it with basically the entirety of another too-small shirt I had incorporated into the giant baby shirt - it's serendipitous that the orangey-pink portion makes up a bit over half the front.


The cheap white t-shirt is kind of sheer, but I think it's OK for the back of the shirt.  No wearing a purple-and-pink zebra print bra without people knowing it, though.


I think I will make this style again (given enough fabric), and it should be pretty easy now that I have a working model to use.

1 comment:

mom said...

You are getting more and more creative! Love seeing your new creations.