Monday, June 27, 2011

Crafty Inner Child Continues

I made a safety pin bracelet after watching the video on this blog post.  It was fun and easy, though I would change at least two things with the next one - alternate the direction of the pins (because putting them all the same direction causes the bracelet to fan out a bit) and use more pins.  I used a few more than mentioned in the video and it still wasn't quite enough to go all the way around.  (I also used only seed beads because that's what I have, but using bugle beads - i.e., longer ones - as well would be fun, too.)  But I enjoyed making it and think it's shown proof of concept at least.  (And it's relatively easy to make more pins and restring these pins.)

And notice that it's NOT PINK.


Speaking of pink, I laughed when I saw this photo of Sir David Tweedie, the Scot head of the International Accounting Standards Board, in The Economist.  That dude so did not buy that tie for himself.

No comments: