Thursday, April 21, 2011

Small World

Today I got an email from the U. of Snow sent to the four of us who are entering the marketing PhD program.  One of the other students is currently getting her MBA at ... yes, My Masters University.  Weird, huh? 

Another one is in a masters program at Arizona and the fourth is currently at USC (in some capacity I couldn't easily figure out), so both warm humid places and warm dry places will be well-represented in my cohort.  We need the Groupon for a discount on snow boots.  I'm feeling partial to the Keen ones featured on this Snow City blogger's round-up - they're like the boot equivalent of mary janes.  (I've started reading her blog for useful information on how people dress places where it gets really, seriously, snot-freezingly cold.)

2 comments:

Tam said...

Those Keens are pretty mega-cute.

Moving to a colder (though not usually snot-freezingly cold) area from Texas resulted in the mysterious acquisition of many garments made of fleece. Oddly, most of them seem to have disappeared when I made the return trip. (I am honestly not sure why; I don't remember discarding them.)

rvman said...

I wonder who the third Wake candidate was? (The one who didn't get a look-in anywhere, because two other candidates from the same program got all of the interviews.)